12.11.2012

Tis the Season // by Emily


I cannot wait for Christmas! Hands down my favorite holiday. It is not much of a competition because it is one of the few times a year where it is socially acceptable to eat your body weight in food, with Thanksgiving being a close second. I love it when my family is all together (which sadly is pretty rare nowadays) and with no school to be stressing about, the cold snuggle weather, and copious amounts of dessert that is on display around the house, it is not hard to understand why it is the most wonderful time of the year. I went home last week to help decorate our tree and it was UNREAL. Momma Dorst put on some apple cider; Elvis, Mariah Carey, and Frank Sinatra were singing Christmas carols in the background; Lindsay and I modeled around some itchy and festive sweaters; and slowly but surely our tree became cluttered and beautiful with dozens, if not hundreds, of ornaments. They ranged from janky homemade ornaments, to old school pictures, to pretty huge sparkly bulbs. Last night, some of the girls on our floor got together and had a nail polish party while watching Love Actually. Ashley painted my nails and it was the perfect study break. One more final to go and then Christmas vacation wahoooo ow ow yayayayay yeassss woot woot zomg yaaa budddyyy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment