1.14.2013

Sweet as a Rose // by Ashley


This year I had a really happy New Year!  Not only did our football team win the Rosebowl on New Year's Day, but I got to spend several days with my family and best friends from school at my house.  A few days before the Rosebowl, 5 of my friends drove down from school to come spend New Years and see the game with me.  After meeting them at the JW Mariott to pick up our gorgeous and shiny tickets, where the lobby was a complete sea of cardinal, we all went back to my house to hang out and go out to dinner.  On New Year's Eve, I planned a huge dinner with my best friends from home and my best friends from my other home, Stanford! I was in heaven having my friends from two sections of my life hang out with each other.  The next day, we were up early to drive to the Rosebowl.  At the alumni tailgate we were completely doted upon with food, games, and good company.  Of course, the game was awesome.  Oh, and did I mention that my cousin, who attends the University of Wisconsin, Madison came to the game too?! She was required to sit in the Stanford section.  Good thing red and cardinal are similar colors.  The next day my teammates and I got up early to road trip back to school to practice.  We are all so excited season is starting! Happy 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment