2.14.2011

Library Musings




I'm Amber Oland and a senior goalie on the team this year. So I thought I would give everyone an update on the team. After winning the Stanford Invite none of us got a break because we were in the middle of midterms. So most of us spent the week stressing over classes instead of water polo. Luckily this weekend we didn't have any games which gave us all a break. 

However, as I write this I happen to find myself in the library trying to write a couple of essays. The first one is on ancient Chinese architecture and the other is for a project I am working on about stereotype threat. Being a senior, I get to take more classes for fun because I completed my major units last quarter. Architecture is something that I have come to appreciate through my many travels both across the country and all over the world. It has been really interesting getting to learn about not only the basics of architecture this quarter but also how similarities in structures and functions are found across cultures. 


I am also taking an Introduction to Photography class with fellow senior Kim Hall which has been a lot of fun. We are using film cameras and get to develop and print our own film. Both of us have been enjoying our time in the lab and our professor even calls us twins because we do almost everything together and our pictures are similar, even though we go take picture separately. I don't think he understands how much time we have spent together over the past four years. Alright well I better stop procrastinating and get back to work otherwise I will be in here all night. And over the next couple of weeks our team will be playing every weekend so make sure you continue to follow us to stay updated on how we are doing! Have a good night and a great upcoming week...

No comments:

Post a Comment