3.02.2011

We heart you, Grandma Cleasby! (bloopers and all)




Stanford Women’s Water Polo Fans -- thank you for tuning in for my blog post!! I will warn you now, this is my first blog post ever, in my life, so please cut me some slack as I'm still learning the ropes, so to speak.

I am Vee Dunlevie, sophomore, wearing cap #6. I am from the Stanford area (Atherton specifically) and went to Sacred Heart Prep high school, about ten minutes from Stanford. We are having a great season so far after winning the Stanford Invite, our game against UOP, and the Irvine Tournament and we are all looking forward to taking on the competition in San Diego and Long Beach this upcoming weekend...

Can't make all the games? Well, you're in for a treat... Our team is very lucky to have a number of parents who enjoy taking pictures (my mom included – shout out to Elizabeth!). She takes lots of pictures and enjoys going for the “artsy” angle... she's like the team's very own Annie Liebovitz. For example, look at the great picture of Melissa that she snapped in Michigan!

Another sweet photographer we have is Alyssa and Kaitlyn’s wonderful grandma Velma Cleasby aka Grandma Cleasby. Grandma Cleasby is a dedicated photographer and takes more photos than a veteran Reuters staff member. Her camera is always on the ready and she captures every moment possible – be it flattering or embarrassing. Water polo can certainly be a beautiful sport, but our team will always put the drive to dominate above the desire to look pretty...

So, I would like to take this chance to highlight some of the most entertaining pictures of our team playing the game we love, dominating every day, and always looking…um...athletic….while doing so. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a parent or grandparent, but the last shot of Kate Baldoni is actually one I took (minus the filters). I debated submitting it, but thought the athletic stop won out over the "embarrassing" face. Especially in a game where only one goal was allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it. maybe there should be a section of "blooper shots over the years"...Kira always had interesting faces...

    ReplyDelete