11.09.2011

Photos from a Fashionista // by Kaitlyn


You guys may not know this about me, but there are two things in life in which I absolutely love, photography and fashion. I was lucky enough to stumble upon a job this summer in which I am able to combine these two passions together into one, taking photos for a fabulous store called Trunk Show Couture located in downtown Palo Alto. The store is absolutely amazing from the moment you walk into it, whether it is the gleaming chandelier hanging from the ceiling, or the vintage posters on the walls, the store simply echoes romanticism, elegance, and fashion. Every weekend I set up a time with Kim (the owner) to go into the store to shoot a round of inventory in which we can eventually sell over the internet, as well as use the photos to gain more publicity over Facebook (you can check out the page here). I absolutely love this job; Kim and I go through the products which need to be shot and set them up in the best light and try to capture the best angles in order to show the true beauty of each object. From glamorous Chanel dresses to gorgeous Hermes handbags, the store has a unique array of some of the best vintage high fashion clothing, shoes, and accessories in which I could spend hours photographing. It is almost like going in and playing dress up with the mannequins, although not going to lie it took a little bit of time to get used to ripping off the mannequins arm each time I needed to dress her. I love taking photos of beautiful things and really being able to portray that beauty and more to the rest of the world. I always have such a fun time while working in the store with Kim as well, it is sort of a relaxation or better yet, break from the daily pressures of both school and water polo. To me keeping up with my creativity has always been important--math and science are definitely not my forte, but hand me a camera and a beautiful closet and I am all yours!




No comments:

Post a Comment