4.24.2012

The End of an Era // by Monica


Big Splash has historically been one of the more fun games of our season. It’s a big rivalry game, but what made it even more special this year was that is was the same night as our Senior Night! Before the game started, Cassie, Pallavi, Alyssa and I were introduced to the crowd as the four members of the SWWP senior class and each of us had a short bio read about what we’ve done at Stanford and what we plan to do next year. The coolest statistic announced was my class’s game record, 99-9 (which is now 101-9). I have to admit that I completely forgot about Senior Night while I was playing the game until the last few minutes of the game when JT subbed all four of us in to finish together our last home game.
After the game was over, our team and families went down to the Old Pro for dinner. At dinner we continued the tradition (that started my freshman year) of the freshmen class performance in honor of the seniors. The five freshman sang personalized lyrics about us to the tune of ‘Boyfriend,’ and Call Me Maybe.’ To make the night even better, Melissa, the fifth member of our class, was able to make it up here for the day!
Unlike other Senior Nights in the past, Cassie, Pallavi, Alyssa, and I are lucky because we didn’t have to say goodbye to playing games in Avery quite yet… because our MPSF tournament is this weekend at none other than our very own Avery Aquatic Center!! ((*Hint… You should be there*)) I’m looking forward to our real Senior Night, April 29th, the final day of MPSFs!

No comments:

Post a Comment