5.24.2012

Looking Back on NCAAs // by Kelsey


This year's championship was such a different experience than last year's. Not only did I get to play back home in SoCal, but because my family and friends all live near San Diego, they came out to support in full force. Even some of my sorority sisters and friends from my dorm road-tripped down from Stanford to come cheer us on. Once I was in the water, though, it was all about sticking with my team. We were the center of so much speculation all year because of who on our team from last year was gone, but it was so great to look around me and know that each one of us had put in the time and the work for the past 9 or 10 months to become a championship team. From the first whistle, the only thing I felt was confidence--THAT was the best feeling all weekend. Not just hoping for a win, but knowing we would get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment