10.18.2011

Summer Highlights // by Cassie


This summer was by far my busiest summer yet, but NorCal treated me well. I moved out in June into the apartment that I lived in the previous summer with the Lo sisters and Alexis Lee, but this time with Kelsey Suggs, K-Bizzle, the Legend, and one of Jillian's high school friends. It definitely was a party with two bedrooms to five girls but reflecting back on it now, I loved it. Knowing that we would be waking up at the crack of dawn to play water polo every morning, K-Bizz was in bed at about 9 PM sharp every night, except for that one night I came home late and didn't call. She was worried sick about me. I'm not oging to lie, when she said, "I was so worried about you! You can't do that! I'm up an hour past my bedtime waiting for you!" with her retainers in, it was adorable. The Legend, Kelsey, and I had the same guilty pleasures, and by guilty pleasures I'm talking about Teen Wolf, MisFits, True Blood, and Say Yes to the Dress. Im pretty sure Suggs has already started planning her wedding and knows what her dress is going to look like. Next to this guilty pleasure was usually KB calling into Yummy Yogurt asking for what flavors they had that day to see if it was worth driving the 5 minutes into Redwood City to get FroYo. I'm really not sure why KB even bothered calling in because she always ended up driving over to get yogurt anyways. Our apartment being located 5 steps from the CalTrain made it pretty fun to sleep at night too. Luckily for us, we never overslept for morning work outs because we could always count on the CalTrain to wake us up at 5:30 AM sharp, EVERY.... MORNING. :)

I also worked in the city with a fellow water polo alumni, Kelsey Holshouser. I interned at a start up company called StarMaker Interactive. I loved working in the city. The San Francisco weather allowed me to dawn jeans and sweatshirts. To quote my good friend Mark Twain, "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." TRUTH. I loved going into the city whether it was work, karaoke, or a Giants game, San Fran is always a lively and colorful place to go.

This summer was busy but I learned a lot with my internship, bonded more than ever with the Stanford Club girls, and just lived the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment