1.22.2012

Winter Break // by Kate


Over the break I spent a lot of time with my family. Family dinners, family movie nights, Christmas shopping, etc. It was so nice to be home without the worry of schoolwork and to just relax for once! I took my brother to the gym/pool with me a few times... I thought it would be a good idea for him to get a good work out in! :) We spent Christmas with my stepmom Mary's side of the family in Laguna Beach and then had Christmas day at my house with my cousins from Colorado, my grandparents, and my aunt and uncles. It was so great to see everyone! After the Christmas festivities were over, I began to look forward to New Years Eve in Los Angeles with Jillian and one of our friends who was abroad in Florence, Italy last quarter. I was able to catch up with her and hear all her stories from the trip. Then it was New Years Day which meant it was time to travel to Arizona for the FIESTA BOWL!!!!! My dad, Mary, my aunt and uncle, Jillian, and two other girls that I live with (Liz and Hannah) joined me on this trip. We stayed in a house in Scottsdale, Arizona and spent the first night playing board games and jacuzzi-ing! Although the Bowl game ended in a tragic loss for our team, it was great to see all my friends and all the fans there supporting them. We spent one extra day in Arizona before Jillian and I journeyed back to Stanford to start the season! We're looking forward to working hard to prepare for our first games at the end of the month. Go Stanford!

No comments:

Post a Comment